Learn how to easily remove AVG antivirus from your computer in several ways. Choose the one that works best for you, follow our instructions and you will make it.
A brief review of AVG antivirus
AVG is anti-virus software which is very famous in this field, it has a high reputation among users because of its good level of security and functionality. The company introduces three products that provide you with advanced security, privacy, and tools to improve your PC’s performance. The antivirus is also reasonably priced and it is a reliable option in terms of protection.
But if you suddenly decide to replace your antivirus with another one, or just reinstall it, removing it from your system completely can cause some problems.
Removal with the built-in Windows tool
There are various ways to delete AVG from your PC and to begin with, we will take a look at the simplest, though not always the most effective way:
First, press the Win+R key combination, after which a “Run” window will pop up. In the line, you must enter a special code appwiz.cpl
After that, a utility will open in front of you, in which you will see the AVG Protection utility that you need to delete. You can do this with a simple right-click.
Once there, go to the management panel of the antivirus itself and press “uninstall” to confirm the changes.
Make sure to reboot your system.
Then, in the “Programs and Components” tab, find AVG and uninstall it.
- Confirm your choice by clicking “yes”
- The deletion process may take some time, wait for it to finish
- Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local and delete the Avg and AvgSetupLog folders
- After that use any file cleaner and restart your computer
Removing AVG using the utility
AVG developers made the procedure of antivirus removal a little easier and provided a dedicated utility called AVG Remover. It allows you to remove the antivirus and all registry entries that are related to it. The only thing you have to do is:
- Install this free utility on your computer
- Open it and click “Continue”
- Wait a while for the utility to scan your computer and detect all the required files, and then press the “delete” button
- There is a chance that the utility will not detect antivirus files the first time, and you will be prompted to delete all AVG files and entries. If this happens, press the “Run Anyway” button
- After the deinstallation process is over, reboot the system
Uninstalling AVG with Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner
In addition to the utility from the manufacturer itself, you can apply any other utility. You can apply Revo Uninstaller. To do this, run the utility, find the antivirus in the list of programs and press the “Uninstall” option.
You can also use CCleaner. Here you will move to the “Tools” section, lift the cursor to “Uninstall programs”. Click on AVG and hit the “Uninstall” key. As with the previous method, accomplish the removal and reboot of your system.